Saturday, January 21, 2012

Red Tails(2012)

Directed by Anthony Hemingway

This movie was released just yesterday. I went with my youth group because this is my youth leader's movie. David Oyelowo in my opinion was the best character in the movie. He had the most parts, and the best action sequences. But the to better know actors get there name on the poster. Hopefully this movie will pushed David up in the star meter.

The story is set in Italy, 1944, WWII is in full swing. The Tuskegee airmen though, have yet to be sent to the front lines. At this point in time people were extremely racist. The White would say that they are stupid.  But the Tuskegee airmen are out to prove the whites wrong.

David plays the character who cannot not listen to the rules. But most of the time he succeeds in either taking down a German fighter, or a German Destroyer, or the like.

This movie made me cry, a lot. But that might be because its an emotional movie and my youth leader is in it.

This movie for me was absolutely spectacular. Some of the acting was a little bland, But David's(this isn't just my view) was amazing.
This movie does have frightening moments. There is a lot of blood and explosions, and a couple of deaths. But for Teens and Adults it is an amazing movie.

Review by Sweetie Pie

P.S. My youth leader is the one with the sunglasses. His name is also squished near the bottom.

No comments:

Post a Comment