Friday, October 21, 2011

Jane Eyre (2011)

Directed by Cary Fukunga

First of all the book is one of my favorite Jane Austen type books, I wrote a review for that here. When I heard a new movie would be coming out I was in the middle of reading the book and I was so excited.

The movie follows the books events to a 'T'.
But instead of starting with Jane as a child, they start with her arriving at the house of St. John River and his sister's house.
It then goes back in time to follow through the Jane's life as Jane tells the Rivers what happened to her.

I thought that they way that they did ingenious. I loved it. For me this has got to be one of the best movies of Jane Eyre ever. No more remakes, this is the best.
Mia Wasikowska plays Jane and she is amazing at it. The first film I saw of Mia's was Alice in Wonderland, I thought she was the perfect Alice. When I found out she would be Jane, I was skeptical. I didn't think she could pull it off. But boy was I wrong. She was so amazing, I loved her as Jane.
Michael Fassbender was Mr. Rochester. And he was exactly what I thought Rochester would be like. I must admit that I like Rochester. I know he is a lying deceiver but I really like Rochester. I was completely astonished that my version of Rochester seemed to be on big screen.

I love this movie so much. It is a movie that everyone has to see!

Review by Sweetie Pie

2 comments:

  1. I have not watched this version but I have heard good things about it. Because it is only two hours a lot of important plot details have to be left out. I have watched the 1983 miniseries which is so good. It is five hours but well worth it. The film quality is not very good but the acting is great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do not think much information was left out, it had pretty much all the details from the book. I have not watched any other Jane Eyre's yet, I don't want to have a wrong Rochester.

    ReplyDelete