Thursday, April 28, 2011

Chronicle of Narnia; Voyage of the Dawn Treader (2010)

Directed by Michael Apted

First I must let you know that I am not a fan of the Books, I think they are amazing books but I am not a fan.

This movie is the third one, and it is very good. A lot of things changed from Prince Caspian to Dawn Treader, Disney dropped out of filming, and Fox stepped in. Many production hands change, and the composer changed. And a new director came in. So many things were different.

But the movie itself was spectacular. I think most of the acting was good, some actors had their moments of being out a character. But overall the acting was good.

Most everyone knows the tail of the Dawn Treader, and how in the book every chapter was its own plot. Well that does not make a good movie. It would have made a horrible movie if they had left it. So instead they came up with an idea of green mist, temptation. Which I thought was ingenious.

The green mist inhabits the Dark Island, and it makes the Dark Island a bit more scary. The green mist is also meant to introduce the Lady of the Green Kirtle from Silver Chair. So for me the green mist was not a bad thing.

Also I felt that Dawn Treader did NOT lose its christian point, I think it was heightened with the whole temptation thing.

For me this movie was wonderful, and I would suggest it to anyone and everyone.

Review By Sweetie Pie

No comments:

Post a Comment