Sunday, April 10, 2011

Clash of the Titans(2010)

Directed by Louis Leterrier

Now this movie to start with is about Greek mythology. But I was curious, I had learned about Greek mythology and about Perseus(Hero of the movie) and how he cut of the head of Medusa. And I even was in a little skit about Perseus. I played Medusa, so I was very interested in how they made this movie.

Well I was utterly disappointed. The tale of Perseus was changed so much that is was horrible(the tale a Perseus was wrong to start with). It was if they liked the name of Perseus and decided to try to make it into a good movie. They failed.

I know that this is the remake of what was thought to be a great movie back in the 80's, and I really truly hope that the on is better than this one.

The only enjoyment I got out of this was seeing how they did Medusa. Medusa has a head full of snakes and that if you look directly into her eyes you will be turned to stone. Medusa before the snakes was gorgeous, absolutely stunning, and Athena was angry at her for that, so she cursed Medusa and turned her hair into snakes and made her a hideous sight. The way the movie did it was very clever. Medusa was a CGI(computer generated images) character. And they were able to make her look gorgeous and hideous at the same time. That was the only thing that got me through the movie.

I do not suggest watching this movie at all. It is a waste of time. As a Christian I know that Greek mythology is false and can usually think of these type of things as more fantasy than reality. But Clash of the Titans went to far. Not to mention it being completely boring.

Do not waste your time watching this movie.

review by Sweetie Pie

2 comments: