Saturday, November 26, 2011

Alice (2009)


A SyFy mini series

This is a fantastic movie, but definitely not the original book nor story at all. It happens in the modern day, with a grown woman. The best part of the movie is watching her grow and reconcile with her past and move on past her fears. She loses a man she thought she loved, but falls in love for real. She must choose between her past, her present, and her future, all symbolized by different men that she has varying degrees of attachment to.
On a side note, my personal favorite part of the movie is Hatter. He is an amazing character and the end makes me exuberant.
Actually, every character in the movie is well-done. In particular, Alice, Hatter, the White Knight, the Queen of Hearts, and the King of Hearts (who was given much more attention than in the cartoon version).
Overall, this is a fantastic movie and I heartily recommend it. However, note that because it's a mini TV series, it is three hours long, so prepare for a good long watch.

Review by Beckyelsie

1 comment:

  1. I enjoy this movie too. But it is because of Hatter. I thought alice was bad. There good have been a better Alice, but everyone else was good. But the editting of this is definetly meant for a mini series.
    If it were to be a movie many things would be different but I still enjoy it. But my parents did not, I think its more of a teen girl thing(because of Hatter).

    ReplyDelete