Friday, November 25, 2011

Peter Pan (2003)

Directed by P.J. Hogan

So I just wrote a review about a Peter Pan that I did not enjoy, well this is the opposite.
I absolutely love this film. It is a more traditional Peter Pan. The effects are reasonably good, not the greatest but they are good. The plot is wonderful, it is recognizable as a Peter Pan plot.

Jeremy Sumpter who plays Peter Pan, is, in my opinion, the perfect person to play Peter. He acted so much like Peter that it would be hard to see him as anyone else. He should the right amount of arrogance, and self-centered-ness, and acted very naive. I think that that mix with a bit of wittiness and charm makes the perfect Peter.
Wendy was good to, nothing exceptional but good.
Captain Hook was great. Exactly what Captain Hook should be.
The rest of the cast was good to.

The plot itself was good. There were a few things that weren't that great. Like the kissing there were two kisses. One between Peter and Wendy, that one did not bug me so much because the whole movie was leading up to it. Then there was a kiss between Tiger Lily and John, that was the kiss that could have been left out. Tiger Lily kissed John because she wanted him to open a gate, and because he just saved her life, but it was unnecessary.

This film is one of my favorite Peter Pan stories, it is extremely good.

No comments:

Post a Comment