Saturday, November 26, 2011

Titanic(1997)

Directed by James Cameron

So this is the Second Ranking movie of all time, the only movie to surpass is Avatar another James Cameron movie. And Honestly I think this movie should still be at the top. I did not enjoy Avatar and I did enjoy Titanic.

Its the classic love story of a third class young man and the first class young woman. Leonardo DiCaprio stars as Jack Dawson, a young artist who wins ticket for the titanic in a poker game. Kate Winslet plays Rose DeWitt Bukater, a young girl who feels trapped in her own life.
Rose is betrothed to an unlikable rich man, and meets Jack when he saves her from falling overboard. Her betrothed, Cal, then invites Jack to dinner the next night in thanks of saving Rose.

This movie is a very classic love story. And it is done beautifully in this film. Leonardo DiCaprio has made into my favorite movie actors, I love his acting. Kate Winslet is is a superb actress. This movie had a very talented cast and crew.
The only thing I would change about this film is one scene when Jack is sketching Rose, there could have been discretion for that scene, and there was another scene that I didn't really enjoy.
And the ending I wanted some how to be different, but knew it wouldn't be. And seeing an interpretation of how the Titanic went done was just unreal. We read about the Titanic and study it in school, but when I watched Titanic and when the ship went down is was chilling. I don't think we know the magnitude of the Titanic Disaster unless we were there, or had family members survive it.
This movie does have inappropriate scenes, it is not a childrens film.
This movie is a good movie nonetheless.

Review by Sweetie Pie

2 comments:

  1. I think that I was 2 when this movie came out and I was of course not allowed to watch it. I do remember the sapphire necklace and getting my Dad to buy a copy of it for my mom and Grandma.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh that sweet. Yeah you and I were around 2 years old.

    ReplyDelete